Sunday, March 18, 2007

LectureFox and Freedom


Cruising around today looking for some new information, I found Lecturefox, a repository of not only MIT's lectures and materials from their OpenCourseWare project, but also courses from UC Berkeley, Bristol, Carnegie Mellon, and even my alma mater, Syracuse, among others.



As I prepare for the second week of my Web 2.0 class, I really want to stress to the teachers I am working with the importance of these type of sites, where people can have access to information that used to be considered scarce. I also want to let them see the role they may play in shaping the way students can access that information. It is not that we will be reduced to obsolescence, but rather our role will be to design and shape, and specialize in knowledge management.



If you get a chance, check out LectureFox. I don't normally get worked up about this type of stuff, and it slightly depresses me for financial reasons (pay scales in New Jersey for teachers are based on graduate credits earned), but this is some great stuff. Now you will have to excuse me, I am going to read up on my Buddhist Psychology.



Technorati Tags: , ,
Image Credit: crimsondevotchka on Flickr

No comments: